Okay – so I’ve bought my microblade pens and blades… How do I clean the pen tool?
It is of utmost importance that you know that the ‘blade’ section is designed for single use and cannot under any circumstances be reused. Simply dispose of the microblade responsibly in a sharps container. The microblades really do not cost much and you would certainly want to do everything in your power to protect your client’s health – right? Now onto the pen tool…
While it is always best to use fully disposable blades and tools – second best option is to autoclave the microblading pen.To clean the pen handtool:
- Take the pen apart and wash all the parts thoroughly with BIOSCRUB soap, water and a clean stiff brush (to get into the cracks)
- Soak in a 50/50 solution of BIOSCRUB (4% Chlorhexidine Gluconate Solution; BP and 4% Isopropyl Alcohol) mixed with hot water
- Immerse fully (make sure all parts are covered in the solution)
- Leave to stand for 1 hour (minimum)
- Rinse and dry
- Lay fully immersed in neat hospital-grade CIDEX, Perasafe or Quadex – use precisely per manufacturers instruction
- Use gloves to remove and allow to air dry
- May be followed with UV Sterilisation
- Store in a sealed sterile container until required
When this cleaning method is used – you and your clients will both have peace of mind that no infections or diseases are being transmitted. For more advice on sterilising equipment, please read: http://www.dermascope.com/treatments/hygiene-and-sterilization-techniques#.VbD07s4THlIAbout the author:
Gwendoline Johnston owns Permanent Makeup by Gwendoline where she practices as a Permanent Makeup Specialist and Trainer at her studios in Johannesburg. Gwendoline is Master Certified – American Institute of Intradermal Cosmetics – October 2013. She has kept fully up to date with ongoing study in the latest techniques and trends obtaining over eighteen certificates and diplomas both locally in South Africa and internationally – attending Advanced Permanent Makeup training seminars, master classes, conferences and workshops. Gwendoline’s vast experience attained over the past eighteen years, together with a thorough understanding of skin and colour, has placed her in the confident position to teach, advise and perform in all areas of advanced permanent make-up, including para-medical applications. Permanent Makeup by Gwendoline is affiliated with local and international Plastic Surgeons, Dermatologists, Specialists and Medical Spa’s.
“Throughout my career, I have remained committed to delivering excellence. I have a deep passion for my craft and genuine care for my clients, teamed with the highest level of professionalism, my aim is to deliver unparalleled performance within the vibrant and ever-evolving world of permanent makeup.”